Thursday, March 11, 2010

"Livin' on a Prayer"


"Whooah, we're half way there...whooah
Livin on a prayer
Take my hand and we'll make it-I swear
Livin on a prayer"

Tuesday night, Nick and I went to Bon Jovi with my dad and one of his friends. My dad and his friend didn't sit with us, but we all rode together. It was a GREAT concert. It started late and I was soooooo tired, but it was worth it. Dashboard Cofessionals opened up for them at 8 and then Bon Jovi sang from about 9:15 to a little after midnight!!! Wow, does he sure know how to put on a good show. He sang all sorts of different songs from over the years...from the great old ones we all love-"Livin' on a Prayer," "You Give Love a Bad Name," and "Wanted, Dead or Alive," to some of his newer stuff. One song he didn't sing, which I wish he would have was, "I'll Be There for You." After 20 some years, he still has it going on!!!! I'd LOVE to go again someday!

Speaking "Living on a Prayer," and having faith, God has really been speaking to me about having faith in him and trusting him ALWAYS, not just in the easy times. I've been praying a lot that I would just let go and let God. Lately, I've really felt at peace about a lot of things and I KNOW, I trully KNOW that things are going to get better here soon...i mean SOON. Well then I get an email from one of my greatest friends about her and her husband having the same thoughts-we have to have faith in God. They are making a big life changing decision here (I wont share right now, because it's not my place to and I'll wait for that permission,) but it is one that for sure one would have to have a lot of faith in the Lord about!!! I am glad to have her there to turn to and glad that they know they can turn to us for prayer! I'm so thankful for their friendship and their stories of how Christ speaks to them and also provides for them. It helps give me hope and helps me to trust even more. With Christ and with one another....we have it all and we can make it through the hardest times!!!

"We've got to hold on to what we've got,
Cause it doesn't make a difference
If we make it or not.
We've got each other and that's a lot
For Love-we'll give it a shot!"

"Whooah, we're half way there-Whooah
Living on a prayer.
Take my hand and we'll make it-I swear.
Livin on a prayer."

1 comment:

  1. WOW!! Great post- gave me goose bumps. We are lucky to have you guys too. It is so important that we pray for each other through the easy times and hard times. We have been and will continue to lift you guys up in prayer!

    ReplyDelete