Thursday, December 2, 2010

Josiah David is One Month!!!

TIME FLIES!!!!

Just a month ago today, I was meeting my little Miracle Baby for the first time!!!
I was so over joyed to meet Josiah! I really didn't know if I would ever know what he looked like, hear him cry, have him hold my finger, have him snuggle up to me, etc. Having almost lost him at 11.5 weeks and having to be so careful the following 12 weeks, I was pretty emotional meeting this little man!

He's here now...and he's a month old!!! Time really does fly!!! Just in a month, Josiah has changed in looks AND SIZE!!!

One Week Old

Two Weeks Old
 
My Little "Old Man!"

At two weeks old:

Height-20.75 in-50.9 percentile
Weight-8 lbs 13.5 oz-51.19 percentile
Head-35.6 cm-20.34 percentile

Three Weeks Old
 
I love the little smirk on him in this picture

Here at 3 weeks, Josiah is wearing an outfit Isaiah did, but sooner and filling it out a lot quicker :)

One Month Old!!

At one month old:

Weight-if the scale is accurate-when I step on the scale with him, it is 12 lbs heavier than with just me on it!! Josiah has ROLLS on his legs. Neither one of my other 2 ever had rolls! I am so excited!!

Sleep-Josiah sleeps between 3-5 hour stretches at night! I usually feed him one last time around midnight and then we sleep until 3-5am, feed and then another few hour stretch. I will take it!
Feeding-We are still nursing at this time and it seems to be going well. We are a bit nervous however because this last week he has an about an hour each evening when he cries pretty hard. With Julia, her crying spells lasted HOURS, so we're hoping it isn't the start of a dairy allergy like the other kids. We prayed over him tonight and we hope that he will have no issues going forward. I enjoy nursing (yes sometimes I wish I could go to formula, but I do love nursing as well,) and I am not ready to give it up...unless he is hurting!

Personality-Josiah is such a good baby. He loves to be held. He loves to look around. He sleeps A LOT still. There are days he will be up quite a bit, but more often he sleeps. He is a content baby most of the time-unless he is really hungry (just like his Daddy and Isaiah), has a burp in him or has a dirty diaper. :)
Smiles-Josiah smiles A LOT in his sleep. This past week we have started to get little grins. Today, on his one month birthday, Grandpa Mike and I both saw a pretty good smile from him. I don't think it will be long before he will actually be smiling a lot!!!

During the last month, Josiah has experienced the following-

Gets to spend LOTS of time with Grandpa Mike! Grandpa ADORES Mr. Josiah!!!

Had his 1st Thanksgiving!

Met all his Great Grandparents!

Below-Grandma and Grandpa Baber
Below-Grandma Tostenson (we did not get a picture with Great Grandpa Tosty)

Met all his cousins on the Tostenson side

Met all his cousins on the Kelly side

...and even played in the leaves



This past month has been sooo crazy and hectic with having 3-4 kids at the house, but I wouldn't change it for the world. We've had some rough spots, but things are finally settling down and becoming less stressful. The kids are getting used to having him here (although they all have been super good around him, I do think they are beg for attention at times as well,) I'm learing how to handle them all and how to give them their own special time and love and Daddy is also learning how to balance work and home! It is a big adjustment, but it is well worth it. I am so glad that Josiah has come into our lives. I couldn't imagine life without him. I am so glad God saved this little man.



I am so excited to see the changes he makes over the next month! It is so crazy how much the grow and change over time!!!

I love you Josiah David!

No comments:

Post a Comment