We're almost half way there!!! 18 weeks pregnant!
(copied from Similac Strong Moms)
Baby's Growth and Development at 18 Weeks Pregnant
At 18 weeks pregnant, growing is your baby's number-one priority. Take a look at some of the developmental changes:
•This week, your baby is about 5 1/2 inches long, or about the length of a large tomato.
•Your baby's skeleton continues to harden during the 18th week of your pregnancy. His leg bones and inner ear bones are the first to ossify (harden).
•Your baby now can hear! He might hear your heart beat or your tummy gurgle.
***I just find this soooo amazing!!! Seriously, the baby is only approximately 5 1/2 inches long and can not only just move, but can hear!!! ***
•He might hear loud sounds outside the womb.
These past few weeks have been a bit, what's the word?! FRUSTRATING! Here I am supposed to be resting more than anything and I just have all this energy and want to go go go and clean clean clean, but I physically can't! I do try to do little things that I can do to help around here (put a load of dishes in dishwasher or fold some laundry), but then I get scolded that I am doing too much! I can't win! :) I'm kidding, I know everybody is just looking out for me. I need to also look out for myself and this little bundle of joy that I am baking!
I can't believe how fast the past 18 weeks have gone! EIGHTEEN WEEKS!!! That is almost half way there!!! The past 18 weeks have been full of ups and downs, but I do feel really good right now and feel the baby move more every day. I do have to take those as good signs!
At my last doctors appointment last week, my doctor gave me the lecture I seem to get at least once (usually more) in every pregnancy! "You need to try and start gaining some weight!" I am trying! I really am! I do feel I eat all the time! I do admit there are days that I just can't force myself to eat much, but majority of the time I feel I eat all the time! Nick even spoke up and said, "She eats all the time! I get her whatever it is that she wants. I just don't get it!" I am still throwing up a few days a week and I'm sure that has something to do with it, but I am trying!! Lets hope next Tuesday that I have gained a few pounds! We shall see!!
The other 3 kiddos are doing awesome and enjoying summer break so far! All the kids are getting tan, YES even Tobias! (he actually has a lot of color right now!!!) They have enjoyed playing outside a lot and swimming!!! It's been so fun to sit outside and watch them-blow bubbles, swim, ride bikes (well Toby has helped them,) play in the mud, etc! Oh to be a kid again! I will leave you with a few pictures!








No comments:
Post a Comment