Tuesday, June 22, 2010

20 Weeks Down, 20 (or so) Weeks to Go!!

Here is our little one last week!! So amazing!
I can't believe how quickly the last 20 weeks have gone. They have been full of some ups and downs, but I am so pleased we have made it this far. I trust the Lord that we will will make it MUCH further and we will be able to hold a very healthy baby in our arms at the end of October,beginning of November.

I have had ultra sounds quite frequently due to the placenta issues, so over the course of the scans we have had a few times of guessing what the little one would be, to just about sure, to be 100% POSITIVE! This little bean was NOT afraid to show us what it is (I guess I shouldn't say 100% positive b/c well I don't know, there could have been an issue with the scan, lol. Until that baby is out, we can't say 100%. I will stick with 99%!)

IT'S A......
LOL-see what I mean-HE was not afraid to show us what HE is!!!

We are soooooo excited to be adding another little man to the already male dominant family!!! Julia at first really wanted a baby sister, but as the time got closer (and they were guessing boy at the doctors office) she started saying she was ok with another little brother and she would love him anyways. :) Well that's good Julia, I would hope so! She is excited and at times she starts to cry and says, "I'm sad because I want my baby brother to be here now." (I do hope one day, we can give her a little sister though! Yah I know, I'm pregnant with one and already thinking about more. That's how I work. I want lots of babies!! *grins*)

Little Man is pushed up against my back right now! Ouch! That's why my back hurts so bad!
(I think it is so amazing what an ultra sound can show you! His spine is so cool looking in these pictures.)

His heartrate has remained strong throughout the pregnancy! YAY! I can't believe the old wives tale of "a fast heartbeat means girl." Both Isaiah and this little one have had fast heartbeats the whole time. I believe Tobias did as well, but I would have to double check with either Nick or Christy on that one. Little Man's heartrate this last time was 162!! When I went in at 19 1/2 weeks along, he was a whopping 11oz!!! (My little pregnancy updates I get emailed to me weekly said at 20 weeks they should be 10.5 oz. So I guess he's doing pretty good! (Let's just hope he doesn't stay ahead in the weight area too much, I don't need a BIG baby!!!)

He is saying "Hi" to everybody! :)

The doctor said my ultra sound looked very good when it came to the placental tear. She said it is not 100% attached, but MUCH better. She said she feels good about things. Her goal is to get me back to work. I am home for another 4 weeks and then probably heading back to work. I am excited about that, but also not. I've actually been ok at home lately and not too down. It's been a nice break. I do miss some people from work and it will be nice to have that interaction with them again. I am also so thankful for this time at home in order for things to heal. GOD IS GOOD! We have continued to pray over the course of all of this that he would keep our little one safe and I am just so happy and relieved how things are gone.

I need Nick to take some belly shots of me! I haven't been good at all with that this time around. As of last week, I gained my first 3 pounds! If my scale at home is correct, I've gained even more since then! YIKES!! :) The doctor was very happy I gained last time, b/c I was scolded that I haven't been gaining. Well now, she may tell me to SLOW DOWN! :) We shall see in a couple weeks.

Well there is your update on the little one and myself. I can't wait for these following weeks-feeling the baby move (which I do a lot not) is my favorite part of pregnancy and it's that time where I feel him SO much more. LOVE IT! Please continue to pray that things heal, stay strong and that we have a healthy baby and NOT EARLY (or too early I should say!)

Here's a couple more pics of the big kids! :)

Toby being a kid :)
Julia being...a stubborn looking model
Isaiah with his cousin Eli :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow Julia looks sassy!! That's my God baby- sweet and sassy!! I love seeing the new little Tostenson- God is SO good to bring another sweet little boy into your family. I can't wait to help you with him since I won't be back at school in the fall! Hooray!!

    ReplyDelete