Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Halloween Weekend


FRIDAY

Talk about a busy Halloween weekend! We were very busy Friday and Saturday with Halloween festivities!! Friday, Nick brought the two little ones to visit me at work and to do a little Trick-or-Treating around the office. They had a lot of fun going throughout the building getting candy and meeting some of my co-workers. They really got spoiled and came home with 2 full baskets of candy!


Before we were off to our next activity, we made a quick stop to get the two little ones some new spippy cups. I think I am addicted to shopping for those things. They come out with the cutest cups for kids these days. There are some online I want to order-yah I know, I know, it's kind of weird, but they are so cute. I love how handy they are in the car and how the kids can carry them around the house and I don't have to worry about anything spilling. (For those of you wondering-yes Julia can drink out of a normal cup and she does, but she's still young and I am ok with her using sippy cups also.) Anyways...we ran to Target quick to get new cups because Daddy forgot to bring some with them when they came to visit me.


Ok these next pictures of, yes, sippy cups are not mine. I just had to show you how neat some of them can be!!! (I have some of the strangest addictions when it comes to shopping!!!)


Ok...Ok...Back to our weekend! After Trick-or-Treating at my office building we made a trip to Prairie Life Fitness Center where my dad AKA Grandpa Mike works out. They were having a Halloween Festival for the kids.


They had games, bouncy houses, haunted houses, food, candy, and just lots of fun for the kids. We went last year and we were excited to take the little ones again this year. I think Grandpa is pretty proud when his family, excuse me, his grandkids show up to the gym. I'm pretty sure that he likes to show them off, because he is a big show off himself. :) LOL-I love you Dad!






Thank You Grandpa for inviting us to the festival. We all had a lot of fun!!! (The kids slept great that night!!)
SATURDAY-HALLOWEEN



Mmmm....DONUTS....HALLOWEEN DONUTS!!!

As you can tell, we started our day off with Donuts. I have mentioned before, donuts are our treats about once a week. Today, they were all Halloween themed! Some of them even had little spider rings. The kids LOVED them!!




Toby and Nick went to a football game early that afternoon, before their last game. I kept the little ones home, because Nick thought it would be too cold with the wind for them to be outside that long (this is before it warmed up to be such a beautiful day.) Sadly, the boys lost their last game, but they had a great season-6-2.  I'm proud of both of my big boys!


Before we headed out to Trick-or-Treat, we ate as a family, along with Grandpa Mike at Sam & Louies. It was really good. It was nice to go out to eat as a family. We haven't done that in a long time, due to Nick's employment situation!:) Thank the Lord for gift cards and gift money for helping family move.

After dinner, it was time to go trick-or-treating. Toby decided this year that he didn't want to dress up. He just wanted to walk with us and take the dog. So that's what he did. He walked Samson the whole time and just kept us great company. Isaiah hung out a lot in the stroller and just enjoyed the ride on our walk-it was BEAUTIFUL out, and Julia-the shyness her teacher's talked about at Parent-Teacher Conferences showed up. She was shy. She wanted me walk up with her to each house and she would just hold out her bag and not say anything. She wouldn't even say thank you. She was mute!! But she had fun and got a lot of good candy. After we went trick or treating, we went and saw Nana and Papa for a bit.





After our visit to Nana and Papa's...it was time for bed! All 3 kids fell RIGHT to sleep. I tried watching Grey's Anatomy that I recorded from Thursday and fell asleep during the middle of that. I was exhausted...Nick...well he's become a night owl with his new "schedule."


It was a GREAT weekend with my family! Thank you Lord for every single person in my family!! They all mean so much to me!

Wherever your treasure is, there your heart and thoughts will also be. Matthew 6:21

Jeni

No comments:

Post a Comment