VALA'S PUMPKIN PATCH
Every year we take a trip to the Vala's Pumpkin Patch.When Nick and I first started dating, it was the first date that we all took together-Nick, Toby, and I. We have gone every year since September 2002. It's something we all love to do together.
This year didn't start out the best. First it was cold. Second, we get ready to take a picture we take every year of each kid infront of a growth chart and we realized the battery to the camera was at home. The camera was dead! I am very thankful we had my phone with me, inorder to get some pictures.
We didn't stay very long this year because of the cold weather, but the kids did enjoy the little time we spent there. We got some fun pictures, Nick, Toby, and Julia shot some apples and went through a little Haunted House (yes Julia did too), we saw a pumpkin cannon and we watched some pig races. I wish I would have known how beautiful Halloween weekend was going to be, we would have just waited and gone then. Oh well, better safe than sorry I suppose.
Being a Christian is a lot like being a Pumpkin
God Picks you from the patch, brings you in, and washes all the dirt off of you.
Then, He cuts off the top and scoops out all the yucky stuff.
He removes the seeds of doubt, hate, greed, etc
and then He carves you a new smiling face and puts His light inside you to shine for all the world to see!










No comments:
Post a Comment