Saturday, January 16, 2010

We Have Been Blessed!

The Lord sure does answer prayers! They may not be answered exactly how we want, or when we want (like Nick and working-I let the Lord know all the time that he could help the job calls hurry up-but it's his timing-I'm trusting) but he ALWAYS answers prayers.

We have been praying for a long time for a new camera, a "nice" camera. Not that the camera we had wasn't nice, it just was your basic camera.

Here it is-the little basic camera that we owned...well still own! (cute isn't it?!)

As mentioned before, we have been praying for a "nicer" camera. Nick is actually really good at taking pictures and has great potential of doing something with photography. He has really shot some great shots. We have been praying that one day when we do get a new camera that he could actually make some money off of his photographs (even just selling disks or certain photos of people's children at sporting events. He got some really good pictures last year at Toby's football games. Parents wanted to pay him then for disks that he gave to each parent.)

Well our God is GOOD!! We have been BLESSED! I do have to say we really do have some great friends in our lives. Thank you Lord for them. Nick's best friend from high school, Rob, has REALLY gotten into photography and had a great camera, one that Nick LOVED. Well lo and behold, Rob was ready to move up to the next camera and guess who got his old one??!?! YAY!!!!!!!!!!

Here it is!!!

This camera really does take very clear shots. It's amazing the difference between a smaller digital camera and when you  move up to the next step. I am not saying we haven't had clear pictures, or great pictures with the older camera, but there is definetly a difference between how the two cameras take pictures.

I will show off some of the shots Nick has taken with his new "toy." Let me tell you-I don't know if I will be allowed to use it! :) I kid! I know I will, but he is just so happy right now, I am letting him enjoy it.







He's really gotten some neat shots while learning how the functions of this camera work. I'm proud of him. I KNOW that once he learns more about it and all the tricks to it, he will have even more great pictures. He's really getting into learning how to edit them as well (this I know will take more time for him, but he can do it.)

He's already talking about the next thing he wants to add to the camera-another lense. The next lense we get will allow him to get "close-up" to things that really are not that close to him. I guess I can post of a picture of the next gadget he will add to his toy.

The lense we would like to purchase!

I have seen some AMAZING shots that you can get from having a really nice lense. Rob (the guy we got the camera from) has this lense (or one like it) and man, his work is beautiful. I will share some of his photographs on here.





Again, I am so thankful for everything that God does for us and provides, even the things we think probably don't matter to him. OUR "new" camera is just a prime example of that-he cares enough about us, to bless us with great friends,who in turn bless us with the opportunity to get something that we have been praying for and we have waited to go out and buy. (Believe me, there has been times we wanted to just say, "heck with it" and go buy one, but we knew that wasn't the best decision.) So thank you Lord and thank you friends!!!

Now Lord, here is a quick prayer for you, "Dear Lord, please help the job calls at Local 22 Electrical Union to start up and get the guys out working again. We're trusting in you and we know it's your time and not ours. We ask you in your name that Nick will receive a job call here SOON and be out working his hiney off...and some overtime would be great too (so that we can get junk paid off.) Thank you for helping us out this far. We are so thankful. We love you. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment