Monday, January 10, 2011

Fun in the Sun....eh, I mean SNOW!!!!

Today we had the first big snow storm of the season! I have to say, I am VERY greatful it held off this long, January 10 and we're just getting a lot of snow...that seems unheard of anymore! Last year, we probably had 3 big snow storms by now! :)

Being home during the day, I was able to take the kiddos out so they could play for a bit in the snow. I was so excited. Last year at this time, I would have been trying to truck myself to work, freaking out while driving in the snow and probably saying some not nice things about having to "drive in this crap."

Grandpa Mike was shoveling our drive-way and porch when Julia asked if she could go outside and play. At first, I said no because I didn't think we had a snow suit for her. I quickly remembered we found this one that she is wearing at I believe TJ Max or Marshalls for $10-$14!! I was really happy to be able to pull it out of the closet and get her dressed!!! Thank God for good deals last spring!!!

Julia enjoyed eating the snow....A LOT!!! I think I could have fed her dinner of snow and she would have been happy!
See how happy she was after eating a lot of snow?! I really do love that smile!

She had a TON of fun in the snow!!
It was now time to let Isaiah come out! Again, I didn't think we had any snow gear for him, but no fears, I FOUND SOME!!! To be honest, I'm not sure where this snow outfit came from. I'm thinking my sister Michelle brought it for him one year. It was 18 months, but my little guy fit into it, minus the head! :) Ohh poor Isaiah! He doesn't have a pair of boots, so again, poor Isaiah had to wear Sissy's old snow boots, yup PINK! But, I pulled the pants over them and you could only see the black part on his foot! I think he looks so cute all bundled up!

Isaiah too, liked eating the snow!!! I think I will start making dinners of chicken nuggets, macaroni and cheese, pizza, and snow...those are the meals he will mostly eat :)

He decided he wanted to throw his snow balls at Mommy!! Thankfully he isn't very strong and I didn't get hit!!!
He thought he was OH SO FUNNY!!!
Isaiah and Sissy had SUCH a fun time playing together in the snow! Look at that smile!!!
BUT THEN...OH NO...Isaiah fell in the snow! 1) Isaiah HATES his hands dirty! 2) Isaiah HATES the cold!

It was time to go in the house! Poor little guy was SOOOO upset and COLD!
I think Julia could have stayed out all day if we would have let her. She loved it out there!!!

Oh but we can't forget the little guy....Josiah!
Here are his thoughts on the snow.....

Ahhh....Just like his Mommy!!!
We HATE the snow! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment