Friday, January 7, 2011

Random Thoughts

This blog post is just going to be about my random thoughts or about random things that happened this past week!


  • We all go through things that we may not understand why God would allow us to, but we have to trust in him. There were a few situations this week, that didn't directly happen to me, but to people I am close to or my community, that I caught myself asking God, "Why??" I know He has a reason for everything, but sometimes it is hard to remember that and to see the bright side of things. I will just do my part and trust and PRAY! YOU are in my prayers!
  • On January 5, 2011 there was a shooting at one of our local high schools. A student who was suspended from school earlier in the day for 19 days for driving his car on the football field, returned to the school around lunch time, walked in the office and fired shots at the vice principal who had suspended him. The principal of the school happened to run in once he heard the gunshots and he too was shot. The shooter ended up killing himself in his car at his apartment complex later that day. Unfortunetly, the vice principal passed away later that evening, the day before her 59th birthday. It is soooo sad that schools today have to go through these things, practice lockdowns throughout the year, and fear for their safety in place that should feel very safe. I know we are not supposed to live in fear, but this makes me so nervous to send my kids to school. Again, I will have to trust in the Lord and pray that he protects my children.
  • We had to take Nick's car to the shop this last week! UGH!!! We FINALLY get some money put away in savings and what happens?! His car wont start!!! I guess we just have to be thankful we had the money for one, it didn't go over what we had put away, and it wasn't something major where we needed a new car. Thank You Lord for that!! 
  • We ended up having to take Isaiah to the ER last weekend with 105.4 temp!!! It was so sad to just see my little guy like that. He just wanted to cuddle. He has been fighting something this week since. The fever has passed, but he has a runny nose, goopy eyes, and just still so whiney. I hope next week he feels better. I hate when my kiddos are sick.

  • Well ended up switching Josiah from nursing to formula due to tummy problems. The doctor labeled him MSPI, so now we have to be on special formula. We currently use Ela-Care, but I'm wondering lately if we need to switch to Neocate. He just doesn't seem as happy as the other ones did when they were on Ela-Care. He will have a REALLY good day, but the next couple days it is like it gets worse and worse, has a BAD day, then REALLY good day after that and the cycle continues. I really think it's about time we tried something new. I love my kiddos to death, but man are they expensive. Next time around, I think along with buying a pack of diapers while I'm pregnant, I'm going to stock up on formula :).
GOOD NEWS NOW!!!!!


I really do have some amazing friends! I am SOOO thankful for each and every one of them. This past week my good friend Rachel decided she was going to cook enough meals for her family to last the month. While doing so, she made me a bunch of meals!!! She sent home with me, probably 2 weeks worth of food! THANK YOU RACHEL!!!!! I really do appreciate it a ton!!!!!

Well heres to hopefully having a good weekend without any bad news!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment