19 months
Today we had Isaiah's 18 month appointment with Dr. Joseph Straley. I can't believe how fast he is growing up. As I was driving to go pick him up from Christi's it occured to me that he is so close to being 2 years old!!! He's no longer a BABY, he is a toddler!!
July 9, 2008
February 9, 2010
Isaiah Michael's stats today were as follows:
Height: 32.75" (52.16 percentile)
At his 15 month check up, he was only in the 27th percentile, so he's getting taller!
Weight: 22 lb 1 oz (5.07 percentile)
At his 15 month check up, he was in the 4th percentile, so not much change there!
Head: 47.5cm (36.31 percentile)
At his 15 month check up, he was in the 46th percentile, so his head is shrinking ;)!
He had to get 3 shots today! As the kids get older, I am able to control myself a lot better as they are SCREAMING. Today, not so much. My heart started pounding, my chest hurt and my eyes filled with tears. Isaiah was hysterical. His cry was definately a painful cry. He was shaking, he was crying so hard. I felt awful. Here I was holding his arms down, so that he couldn't try to hit the nurse away and "letting her hurt him." Oh it was so hard. I just kept kissing him and telling him, he's doing so good, it's almost done. As soon as the nurse was done, I picked him right up and just cuddled him.
Here he was itty bitty getting a shot! Makes my heart ache!
What is Isaiah doing at 18/19 months?
- He sleeps 10-12 hours a night
- He takes one nap a day
- He loves to jump, dance, and do somersaults
- He says 2-3 words at a time
(Hi____, Thank You___, Night night ____, Bye bye___, Hot coffee cup, etc) - In addition to above, he adds to his vocabulary every day-Back-Back (aka back pack), shake a booty, bath, car, monkey, elephant (elphie), hippo, puppy, baby, etc.
- He is learning his body parts and even to say some of them-"Feets," "Butt" (for belly button), "Har" (hair), eyes, and even "PoPo" (for his private)
- He is more independent
- He loves to use his imagination and pretend
- He still loves his brown blankey
- He has started to stick up for himself against his sissy
- He has started temper tatrums-from screaming, hitting, laying on floor and screaming, spitting-Oh it's fun!
- He LOVES his Sissy and Brother "Koby"
- He has really started to love to have cuddle/rock time before bed (it's a treat, it doesn't happen every night.)
- He has really started his manners-Please, Thank You, coughs in his arm
- He has started to show an interest in using the "big boy" potty.
- He LOVES his bath time.
- He now loves to play with the big kids and be involved
As mentioned before, Isaiah loves his Sissy! Of course though at this age, they can be SO mean to each other. For the most part, they get along great and have a lot of fun together. I love watching them pretend together, laugh together, dance together, and just have a good time. There are times they will have each other cracking up. I am so glad that the Lord has blessed me with more than one child. It so wonderful watching these two grow up together.
Brothers and sisters are as close as hands and feet. ~Vietnamese Proverb
One thing the doctor mentioned today is that Isaiah is advanced in his speech. He said that usually boys develop a little slower than girls, especially being the 2nd/3rd born. Isaiah though, he's proved that wrong. Dr. Straley was very impressed with Isaiah and what he was saying and doing already at this age. He said the only bad thing that comes with being advanced in speech is the temper tantrums are going to start earlier. BOY HAVE THEY!!!
Temper tantrums and all, this little man is such a blessing! He is so happy (for the most part) and such a good baby...er..I mean toddler. I am so thankful for my Little Guy.
I LOVE YOU ISAIAH MICHAEL!


.jpg)


.jpg)









No comments:
Post a Comment