My Kids LOVE Gretna Days!!!
FRIDAY
We didn't do as much this year as we normally do, mostly because this Mama isn't supposed to do a lot of walking and such yet. Even though we didn't attend all the activities we normally do, Julia and Isaiah had a blast (Tobias was with his mom this weekend.)
Friday night is usually dinner in the park-there are hot dogs and pulled pork (I think) sandwhiches, salads, chips, and drinks. Friday nights dinner usually costs money, but this year was a special celebration because Gretna is getting so old ;) that it was FREE! Needless to say, it was BUSY this year, the lines were LONG! Nana, Papa, Daddy, and I decided it would just be better to go eat somewhere else and come back to let the kids play.
After dinner, it was time for fun!
The kids did the following-
- Bouncy house-a few times
- A plane ride a few times-Isaiah did NOT want to get off
- A big slide
They had a blast! Here are a few pictures from Friday night!
Later that night was the firework show. We usually go, but this year we didn't. Isaiah was too tired, Nick had a few errands to run, and I was just done for the night. However, Julia and I did sit outside on our front porch and could see them from there. That was really nice. We had some fun girl time together.
Saturday
Today was HOT, HOT, HOT!!!! Today was parade day! Today was a HOT Parade day!!! We got up and got ready and headed to the parade. I honestly think we would have stayed home this year if it wasn't for Tobias being in the parade. Him and his football guys all walk in the parade every year. He really enjoys seeing us in the crown and throwing the little kids footballs. We also enjoy watching him in the parade, he really does have a lot of fun.
The kids enjoyed the snow cones, popsicles (spelling), candy, getting sprayed by water guns, etc. They really had a good time at the parade. I'm not sure how much Isaiah really likes loud noises, but he handled it well.
By the time the parade ended-we were sweaty, sticky messes!!! I was glad to be able to get home and cleaned up!!!
Sunday
We did not attend any Sunday activities this year. We usually go to the free picinic in the park, with rides and games. This year, we were too busy and all overly tired. Maybe next year....












No comments:
Post a Comment