Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy 4th of July


We had a very relaxing, yet fun 4th of July weekend! We hung out with our good friends Elizabeth and Brian Watters (Alexis and Aubrey as well.) Cousin Sara was able to come visit with us for the weekend also!!! It was so nice to be able to spend time with friends and family that we don't see all the time.


We went to The Watters' house both on the 3rd and 4th of July. They had bouncy houses, pools, TONS of yummy food, and LOTS of fire works. The kids had a blast!!!

Sara and I did end up taking Isaiah to the urgent care close to The Watters' house due to a BIG bug bite that Isaiah got. It really looked like he had a good reaction to it. Luckily, she said he had some reaction, but really not enough to do anything. She said to keep an eye on it and make sure it didn't get any bigger. Thankfully it did not!!! Here is the best picture I could find where you could somewhat see the bit on his back.
When we got back to the house, it was time to start fireworks. Some of the kids there did the smoke bombs, sparklers, etc. before it got dark. Me and my kids-well we're scared of that stuff (lighting it I mean) and just sat back and watched. I don't like the thought of my kids lighting things! :)

After the stuff the kids could light, it was time to watch the big ones! We are not a family to spend money on fireworks, but Elizabeth and Brian....lol well they are! They had some pretty amazing ones!
I really do think the kids had a blast this year. It was so fun to be able to have them both old enough to enjoy. I know Sara and I enjoyed the food...probably a little too much. Which reminds me, I still need to get Sara a recipe from that weekend! Ooops, again something slipped my mind!

I hope you all had a great holiday as well!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment