I decided right away that tonight was going to be a McDonald's night and boy am I glad I made that decision. Poor Julia, from the minute we left the drive-thru until she was about to eat her chicken nuggets, she was crying about something, wanting me to put her shoes on (which she took off in the car,) wanting me to carry her into the house, wanting me to take her coat and shoes off in the house. Get the picture? She didn't want to do anything on her own. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE helping my children and I know these days wont last for long, but man oh man, she would just break down into tears. She would say, "Mommy, something is making me cry. Make it stop making me cry." (JUST that part was really cute) All in all, it was quite stressful there for a minute. But then, just like THAT, she was laughing, smiling and saying things that were just making me laugh so hard.
Here's just a little preview of the quick change....(don't mind the hair-she took her "pretty" out)
Julia proceeds to tell me after she calmed down and started being happy-"Mommy, boogers are in your nose, God and Jesus are in our hearts!"I laughed so hard, yes it is true, but the way she put boogers and God/Jesus into the same sentence. I couldn't help but giggle.
Then there was little Isaiah, I was actually worried about how he was going to do tonight, because he was a bit whiney when I went to pick him up for Christi's. I was pleasently surprised at how well he did tonight. He just sat there and ate and watched his Sissy's mood swings!
After dinner, the rest of the evening went great!
Isaiah as really gotten into bath time!! He LOVES bath time actually. Tonight,he just sat in the tub and played with 2 cup, over and over. He would stack them together, he would bang them together, he would tried to drink water out of them, he was just trying to do whatever he could with them.
After bathtime, it was time for Isaiah to head to bed. He does such a good job at going to bed without a fight. We got lucky in that department with him, his sister on the other hand-she's the opposite (unless you lay with her until she is just about to fall asleep. But of course, one can't go to bed without a little "hop, hop" as Isaiah likes to say! He LOVES to "hop, hop" in his bed. Can you tell??
Mommy just told me, "Ok, no more hops, it's time to go to sleep!"
I was ok she said that, because Man, I am worn out!!
Mommy came in to see me after a couple hours, she says I sleep just like her-with one leg straight down and the other pulled up.
While, Isaiah was getting into bed, Julia was watching a little bit of Nick Jr. I'm pretty sure she only got to watch Dora and Diego tonight. She likes to watch TV in Mommy and Daddy's bed. (She made her duck watch with her tonight and she HAD to have her pillow with her as well.) Then I told her, it was time for her shower. She decided this would be the best time to feed the dog. She's a smart girl, she knows Mommy can't say the dog can't eat, so this would give her a few extra minutes before it was time to shower and go to bed. (She also decided she wanted to wear my slippers around the house.) Look at little Samson...he loves how his Julia is taking care of him!
Uh oh!! Somebody filled the bowl a LITTLE too full!!
So, Mommy came and helped her clean up!
After Grandpa left, it was Julia's turn to go to sleep! It took her a little longer tonight. I finally gave up and Daddy went and laid with her. Now...she is OUT!
She as well sleeps like me! She likes to go to all the way to the side of the bed and sleep on her blanket-I have to pull one of our blankets up by my face as well and scoot WAY to the side of the bed!
It is now time for Daddy and Mommy tv night. Tuesday nights Nick and I always watch the Biggest Loser together. This show makes me cry every single time. Do you think they do that on purpose?! Some of the stories of this seasons contestants, man, they are stronger than me. The girl on the green team, she lost her husband and both her children in a car accident. I don't know how I would be able to go on. It would only be by the Grace of God that I would push on with my life. I pray daily that God protects all of my family and friends.
With that said....I'm off to watch the Biggest Loser with my hubby!
The beloved of the Lord shall dwell in safety by him; and the Lord shall cover him all the day long, and he shall dwell between his shoulders. Deut 33:12.
Jeni
No comments:
Post a Comment