Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Under Construction (Blog 1 of the night)

When Nick and I first started talking about buying a house we talked about all different scenerios. Do we buy a brand new house? Do we build a house? Do we buy a complete fixer upper? Do we buy a house that we can live in just fine, but we can also do a lot of work on? We decided on last choice-to buy a house that we could live in, but also that needed work. When we first decided on that decision, our plan was every year on tax return to do something with the house-well it hasn't quite worked out that way, but oh well. God is good and little by little we get some stuff done. I am anxious for one day to be able to completely re-do the kitchen, the basement, the bathroom, the floors, the windows, etc. But I am also happy at just the little tiny things we have done. Heck-even just hanging curtains in a house can make a HUGE difference (thanks Mom!)

When we first moved in the front of the house was sooooo plain looking!!! Do you realize what a difference shutters makes?!?! It's AMAZING!!!
                                              BEFORE

After-excuse the mess :)

Our house started out with boring old brown doors....


And now we have pretty white, paneled doors.....


We have tore up the carpet in the living room and hallway (eventually will sand them down and re-restain them,) we have put curtians up in all the rooms, painted all the wood work white, and had fun with the kid's rooms. But lately...we've gotten the itch to do something different in the house. It is a little hard to re-do a house when you have no extra money, because your lovely husband doesn't have a consistant job at the moment. So what do you do when you do not have a lot of extra money?! You look at what you already have and think of what you can do with it.

We realized, we still had a lot of extra white paint left over from painting the wood work in the house. I then had the brilliant idea to paint the wood work in the bathroom white!!! Then I realized, "Hey, a can of paint is not that expensive and it can do wonders to a room." So, realizing that it will be awhile before we can gut out the bathroom and completely re-do it, we decided to "freshen" it up, until then. Saturday evening, we went to Lowes and got a can of brown paint! Look at the fun Nick had this weekend while he had a house full of sickies!! (The bathroom is still under construction at this time-Nick has to fix up the ceiling and a few places here and there on the paint.)

                                             Before Pictures




AND AFTER...



Pictures found online-printed for free!

Man, what a little paint will do!

Just a closer view of free pics and already owned frames

Even white fixtures makes a huge difference

I have to say-even though the bathroom is not 100% completed at this time-I LOVE IT! I can live with this until we have the moo-lah to completely gut it out! I have ALWAYS wanted a brown and white bathroom!!!

Then another change we made, that makes a HUGE difference in our house is a new light in the kitchen! Man, we really do have people in our lives who take care of us! Thank You ;)

                                          Good-bye ugly fan

Hello, pretty light!

I just realized when looking at the picture above-even getting a new table and chairs this summer made a huge difference in our dining room! :)
                                             Ugly Table

New Table-Sorry for the 1 chair missing, Nick uses it to sit on while playing video games!

So...slowely but surely, little things come together. I am thankful for what we have been able to do, more importantly I am thankful for having a roof over our head. I do look forward to the day when we can do WHATEVER we please to the house, hopefully that day will come sooner than later. :) As for now, I want the complete the bathroom and then when money is available stain the hardwood floors, get new living room furniture, a new tv and all the stuff that goes with that! :) I will be patient. I am happy for what we have, that is for sure. It is more than a lot of other people have. Thank You Jesus for everything you have provided us and thank you for those in our lives who continue to bless us.

"And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Now to our God and Father be glory forever and ever." Philippians 4:19-20




Jeni

1 comment:

  1. It looks great Jeni!! I love the color of the bathroom. It's amazing what changing a light fixture can do for a room, huh?

    ReplyDelete