Monday, October 12, 2009

Let's Try This Again

Nick and I decided, we are going to really get into this blogging thing and stick with it this time. We used to have one and I'm sure it is somewhere out there, floating around in the blog world. I am guessing some of my family members may still have it saved to their computer. If you happen to be one of those people-thank you for saving it, but go ahead and delete that one out of your favorites. The Tostenson's have decided to start over.

Over the last couple of weeks, I have really been into reading blogs. I do have some of my favorite-from our GREAT friends Sarah and Craig Anderson to others that I do not even know, but I feel I do know just by reading their daily blogs (Kelly's Korner.) Being able to see the Anderson's getting ready for the birth of their first child, to reading about the amazing miracle God has blessed Kelly with, made me realize that we too need to be able to document the life of the Tostenson's. (By the way, anybody reading this, should go check out Kelly's Korner. She has an amazing story.


We are going to try to use this blog not only as a way for our family and friends to see and hear about what we are going through, but also as a journal for our little family. We want to be able to look back and see all that we have been through, the adventures we get to take, and just the things the Lord blesses us with over time.



So this first post will just be a long update!!




Nick is currently unemployed. It's been hard, but we trust the Lord that he will provide. He is our provider. We know soon that he will get a job call and will be working again. Sometimes, it is hard to trust and it seems like forever, but we know that God has a plan. We do ask that you will pray for our family and that the Lord will have a job call go out soon, just for Nick. We do want to thank all of our family who has helped us during this time. You do not realize HOW MUCH we appreciate it and YOU!


I am still working at a brokerage firm. I am glad that I have found a job that I enjoy, however I continue to pray that the Lord will allow me to be a stay at home mom. My dream is to be able to wake up every morning, cook breakfast for my family, get the kids ready for school, take them to school (be involved in class parties), do my mommy things during the day-cleaning, scrapbook, run errands, cook, etc, being able to pick up my kids from school, and do fun things as a family on no school days. I know one day we will get there, I'm just hoping it is sooner than later.
                                                               
                                                               Hopefully this will be me soon! :)


Tobias is 9 years old and in the 4th grade. It is amazing how fast that kid has grown up! When Nick and I first got together, Toby was 2 years old!! I was changing that little guys diapers, reading stories about Thomas the Train, and going over colors and shapes!!!. The last 7 years have FLOWN by. I am really thankful to be able to say I have been able to see him grow up. Him and I are VERY close and I love that boy so much. Now that little 2 year old is a 9 year old football quarterback for Gretna Gold! Nick is the head coach of Toby's team, which I am pretty sure they are both enjoying. Right now, Gretna Gold is 4-0.  GOOO GRETNA GOLD!!!








Julia is a fiesty little Princess! She is 3 years old and everything you picture when you think of a 3 year old. We have our times of singing, laughing, crying, whining, argueing with her brothers, picking fights with her brothers, loving on her brothers, helping her brothers, and then kicking them, hitting them, screaming at them...ok you get the picture! The life of a 3 year old is quite the rollercoaster! But I do have to say, it's a ride that I wouldn't give up for the world. She is currently telling everybody that her mommy has her little sister in her tummy. BEFORE YOU FREAK OUT-no this is not the case. We do hope that the Lord will bless us with another little girl down the road, but right now, there is no baby in my tummy. Every night during her bed time prayers she prays for a little sister. "Dear God, Please put my baby sister in my mommy's tummy. I love you Jesus. I love you God. Amen." It is so sweet to hear her little voice praying to our heavenly Father. She is also in her first year of preschool. She is absolutely LOVING school (lets just hope it stays that way over the years.)







Isaiah is 15 months and soooo much fun! Man I love that little guy!!! Each day, Isaiah is learning a new word and he continues to amaze us. Here are a few of the words he likes to say-Mama (of course), Grandpa, Papa, cookie, cracker, shoe, football, ball, cup, drink, people, Go Toby Go, bye bye, Sissy, hop hop! I love listening to him "talk" and watching him learn to pretend. Just the other day, he was down on the floor crawling with Julia and they were barking, pretending they were puppies. Oh yes, add puppy to the list of words, oh and kitty! Now, now, don't get me wrong, he too can be a little pistol! He has just started tantrums, screaming at the top of his lungs, and hitting his sister, banging her with a toy, and pulling her hair. Oh the joy/love of siblings!! :)







Last but not least-Samson the little Yorki-Poo!! He's such a great dog. Oh, we've had plenty of accidents (and now we have hard wood floors, lol) but he has really come a long ways. I guess, if you want to look at it this way-it's been a blessing to have Nick at home, to really work on potty training the puppy! :) He is such a cuddler! He is such a champ when the kids want to pick him up and love on him! WE LOVE OUR LITTE DOG!!!


Our family has grown so much in the last 7 years since Nick and I first met. We are soooo blessed and thank the Lord every day for the children he has given us, for the dog he provided us, and just for the joy that family brings. We hope soon (once Nick is working again,) that the Lord will provide yet another lil one.

I will end tonight with a few more pictures! The joy of siblings!










"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them!" Psalms 127:3



Jeni

No comments:

Post a Comment