Thursday, December 24, 2009

CHRISTmas Eve with the Tostenson's


All the "kids!"

Normally on Christmas Eve, Nick's family has a BIG Christmas Eve party at Becky and Bruce's house. This year, they needed a break from all the craziness, so we just had our own little gathering at Nick's parents house with his brother and family. It was nice to have a relaxing time with them in the warm house! It actually worked out a lot better because we got a big snow storm that started tonight. It would not have been fun for all the family members to have to drive home from the big gathering.


Grandma Deb and Grandpa Chuck with all their grand-babies
Iyian, Tobias, Shania, Noah, Christian, Julia, and Isaiah

This year Nick's parents gave us the money that they would have normally spent on the kids and let us pick out the gifts for them. We wrapped the gifts and brought them to their house. That way the kids got stuff we know they would like. Deb said it's just getting too hard to know what each kid wants. I think it worked out great and the kids really enjoyed all the things they received. It was nice to watch each kid, one by one, open a gift and to see the joy on their face (well Julia, she acted really shy-not sure why.) I know that presents are not the reason for the season, JESUS is, but it is a lot of fun to watch their faces as they rip into each gift and pull out something they have been wanting.

We had the kids open one gift at a time-youngest to oldest.

Isaiah's favorite gift from Gma and Gpa Tosty-ELMO! He loves that thing.


Julia was REALLY wanting baby clothes, bottles, and diapers. She was VERY happy to get a bottle and a sippy cup for her babies!!! (More excited about that, than a cool high chair for her babies)



I think I said it before, but we've started getting Tobias tools this year, so that he has a good sent when he is on his own. I wasn't so sure how he would like this idea, but Nick really wanted to start the collection. I am happy to announce, Tobias LOVES the idea and gets so excited when he opens a new tool.


We didn't stay at Nick's parents house too late, due to the storm. We all had a good time while we were there. The food was good! The company was great! The kids got more than they needed! :) I'm so glad that we have family that we can spend the holidays with!

No comments:

Post a Comment