Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday dear Jesus! Happy Birthday to YOU!
This is the true-reason for the season! Today we celebrate the birth of Jesus! Happy Birthday!
This morning we woke up bright and early at 7:00 on the dot! Toby had to go to his mom's house this morning, so we wanted to get our Christmas in before he left. I know we ALL could have slept longer, because I had to go around waking everybody up. I should have gotten pictures-maybe next year :)
Grandpa Mike came over right at 7 as well (I know he wanted to sleep longer too, so thank you for coming over so early!) We started the morning off with cinnamon rolls, orange danish rolls and orange juice! YUMMY!!!
After breakfast, the kids and Samson too opened their stockings from "Santa."
Then it was time to pass out the gifts and start opening. I have issues when everybody opens at the same time and you don't get to see what everybody gets. So, we all take turns opening gifts, one by one, so that everybody can see.
I'm pretty sure Isaiah could have just gotten wrapping paper and been content!
Tobias really wanted Madden for his PSP!
She really made this face when she opened doll clothes-which she asked for!
Isaiah sure loves his Grandpa!
Another tradition we started the first year we were dating, was to get a new ornament for our kids every year. We try to get something that represents something they were really interested in that past year.
Tobias started wrestling this year, so we got him a wrestling ornament.
Julia always feels as if she is the Princess of the house.....ok she really is :)
And Isaiah LOVES cars and trucks
Each kid got quite a few gifts year. Even through this difficult time that we are going through financially, we are blessed that Nick gets a "holiday check," from work that takes care of our Christmas. It was nice not to have to stress about it this year. We know that the kids wouldn't have know the difference if they got 2 gifts vs 10 gifts, but I just love being able to spoil them from time to time-which is EXACTLY what happened. I noticed though, it's time to go through all their toys and pack away some of the older toys and donate them and save some for later.
Thank you Lord for providing this year and all the time! We couldn't have done it without YOU!
MERRY CHRISTMAS!













No comments:
Post a Comment