Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Pajamas

The tradition of Christmas pajamas you see,was one of my favorite Christmas memories,
because they were made by Moms’ loving hands,
not just purchases off some department store stand,
love went into every stitch she worked on,
staying up half the night working well into dawn,
though I did not appreciate them fully ‘till grown,
all the sacrifices she made for children numbering seven
this act alone must surely earn her a spot in heaven,
looking back through the memories I hold of those years,
the memories of Christmas pajamas is one I hold most dear.

Ok, I may not have stitched our Christmas pajamas (they did come off the department store stand), but I thought this poem was cute. Last year, Nick and I heard a story on the radio of a guy who as a boy got new pajamas every Christmas Eve. The whole family would get a new pair every year and open them together. We decided we wanted to start that tradition with our family. Last year, we didn't have Tobias on Christmas Eve so we opened our Christmas jammies Christmas day and wore them that night. This year however, we were blessed to have Tobias with us on Christmas Eve. After we left Nick's parents and Nana and Papa's house, we came home and opened one gift each-our new Christmas Eve jammies.

Tobias and his new abominable snowman pajama's.

Julia Grace and her jammies (and crazy hair too)

Mommy and Daddy in our pj's! Good photography skills Tobias :)

Here is a little glimpse into our night, trying to get a good picture of Isaiah :)



But then finally he cheered up, when Julia and I showed him "Sant-O" on the tree!



And FINALLY...we got a good picture of Isaiah in his Christmas jammies!!!

Now, we better hurry off to bed so Santa can come to our house!!! Good night....and HO-HO-HO!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment